Dr Jesse Ratzkin
A Collection of Course Notes
This is a selection of notes I've written for some of the courses I've taught over the years. More to come.
- outreach: fractals part 1 and fractals part 2. These notes are aimed at bright high school (secondary school) students, intended for an after-school enrichment program.
- analysis II (University of Cork, Ireland): background material, derivatives part 1, derivatives part 2, the implicit function theorem
- differential equations: second order differential equations part 1, second order differential equations part 2, Fourier series solutions to the heat equation
- MAM1044 at UCT (ostensibly, first year applied mathematics): preliminaries, matrix operations, linear equations, matrix inversion, linear mappings, determinants, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, graph theory, counting,and probability
- partial differential equation (honors course at UCT): background, introductory material, and the Laplace operator, the maximum principle for elliptic operators.
- second year linear algebra at UCT
- second year differential and difference equations at UCT: part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6